Visiting London with a baby can be an exciting experience for the whole family. From taking in the sights at iconic landmarks like Big Ben and Tower Bridge to exploring the city’s vibrant markets, pubs, and parks, London is a great destination for a family vacation. However, planning a trip with a baby can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a list of tips to make it easier.
Tips for making the most of visiting London with a baby
#1 Plan ahead
First, plan ahead. Look into which attractions and activities are family-friendly and suitable for babies. Many of London’s attractions, such as the London Eye, are great for babies and toddlers. Also make sure to research what amenities, such as baby-changing facilities, are available at the attractions you plan to visit.
#2 Make yourself an itinerary
Second, plan an itinerary. Make sure to account for your baby’s sleep and feeding schedule. Try to plan your days to hit the high points at times when your baby is most likely to be awake and alert. Also, be sure to include breaks for naps and snack times.
#3 Be practical
Third, bring the right gear. Strollers, carriers, and other baby equipment can be a lifesaver for navigating London’s busy streets. Be sure to bring a lightweight stroller that can easily fold up for buses and trains. Also, be sure to bring enough diapers, wipes, and snacks for your baby.
#4 Be prepared
Fourth, prepare for any emergencies. Make sure you have all the necessary items to hand should your baby become ill or injured while away from home. Make sure you know where the nearest pharmacy and hospital are located.
#5 Have fun!
Finally, don’t forget to have fun! London is full of amazing attractions and experiences, so make sure to take in the sights and sounds. Have a picnic in one of London’s many beautiful parks or take a ride on a double-decker bus and explore the city.
Top 5 attractions when visiting London with a baby
- London Zoo – With its wide variety of animal attractions, the London Zoo is a great place to take a baby. There are plenty of opportunities to get up close to the animals, making it a fun and interactive experience.
- Natural History Museum – The Natural History Museum is a wonderful museum to take your baby to as it features interactive exhibits and activities that are fun and educational. Plus, there are plenty of exhibits that are suited for babies and toddlers.
- Aquarium – The London Aquarium is a beautiful spot for a visit with your baby as it has a variety of marine life attractions, as well as interactive activities for younger visitors. It’s also a great way to help babies learn about the world around them.
- Science Museum – The Science Museum isn’t just for older kids. It features interactive exhibits and activities that are both fun and educational. Even if some things might be a little complicated for babies, it’s good to start picking their interests and imagination.
- Buckingham Palace – There are plenty of things to do at Buckingham Palace when you take a baby. Tours of the palace are available, as well as a visit to the Queen’s Gallery, which features a variety of interactive activities. Plus, the palace gardens are perfect for a peaceful stroll with your little one.
Visiting London with a baby can be a wonderful experience for the whole family. Just remember to plan ahead and be prepared for any unexpected emergencies. With a little bit of planning, your family can make the most of their London adventure.
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll also like my advice for caring for your baby’s skin in the winter.
Until next time, Tania xx